Friday, March 07, 2008

Wanna V?

V festival tickets went on sale today. I had 3 browsers all set up ready to buy and when 10am came around, whichever opened first would be the place I bought from. 10.01am and the whole thing crashed. Panicking I open them up again to find two have busy servers and cannot access the page. Nargh! Gigs and Tours has miraculously stayed open but tickets are selling fast. It’s now 10.06 and all weekend and red camping tickets are sold out. I email Anna and ask her if she wants to buy yellow camping tickets (don’t necessarily have to camp!). They sell out before she gets back to me.
I phone Reuben. “How do you fancy Staffordshire?”
Pause. “You really want to go?” Pause. “Yeah it sounds alright...”
I immediately book 3 tickets for Weston Park.

So we’re off to Staffordshire this summer!! Should be good, possibly less crowded and full of nicer people than the Essex chavs we always come across in Hylands Park. Chelmsford is the venue all the radio stations mass book so they can give out tickets during the weeks leading up to the festival. No-one mass books Staffordshire.

Lineup for now: Muse, The Prodigy, Squeeze, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings of Leon, Chemical Brothers, Scouting for Girls, Amy Macdonald, Newton Faulkner, The Hoosiers, Amy Winehouse, The Pigeons, Girls Aloud, Duffy, The Verve…

No comments: